Patent / law firm [...] ?

Primzi

GOLD - Mitglied
Does anybody know the  firm [...]?

I have been approached and they seem to be interested in a Patent Attorney who speaks slavic languages and has 3-5 years experience? I politely replied that I am quite happy with my current job and said (in joke) I would be willing to move only for 50-60% higher sallary - they still want to meet .

Are there really chances that an European (not German) Patent Attorney would make 200.000 - 240.000 Euro starting sallary in private praktice? P?

[Anm.d.Red.: Please do not use the real name of the firm!]

Patent Boy

Schreiber
Re: Patent / law firm [...]?

In the US they are known mostly for IP litigation. Are they trying to woo you to their Munich office or elsewhere?

As you may know, US firms like Howrey often expect their US associates to bill 2000, 2200 hours per year or more. Still, 200k+ Euros is significantly more than most US patent associates would make with your experience level (and that's only partly due to the exchange rate).

I would want a clear understanding of why they think you're going to make so much money for them.

corvinus

SILBER - Mitglied
Re: Patent / law firm [...]?

well Primzi, you should meet these people, at least they will invite you -hopefully-to a fancy restaurant in Munich (if they act as the other US firms act when they seek people in Munich, as I experienced some years ago, Käfer and Dallmayer restaurants are not that bad...). The salary sounds somewhat high, but I guess expectations are also high. You should read the novel "The firm" then you will learn more about US (and UK) billing practices and what workload they expect from associates

Oben